Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Here Fishy Fishy...


So you bought Buttermilk for The Cinnamon Rolls and now you have nothing to do with it??? Problem Solved. Gluten Free Fish Sticks!!! Oh these are sooooo good. And I don't even like fish. These are honestly the EASIEST thing I have ever made! This recipe is really for anyone...This is a much healthier and cheaper alternative to pre-made fish sticks in a bag. Also, I thought fish was expensive and stuff...nope.. not this kind. I bought Tilapia; it's about $4 for 2 filets. Which makes plenty for one or two, with leftovers!
This is my momma's recipe, so enjoy! 

You'll need:
Corn Meal
Seasonings to your taste
Gluten Free Flour Blend
Fish
Buttermilk (Or regular milk if that's what you have)

So I didn't really know what I was doing and made a little bit too much flour/cornmeal blend! BUT that's okay because you can save it and use it next time! or for chicken nuggets!!!! 

First, Cut the fish into stick-sized pieces 

Then completely cover in buttermilk
Let them soak for 20-30 minutes

While your fish is soaking, mix together the blend of dry ingredients
I mixed a random amount of Corn meal
1/2 cup of GF Flour
And spices (garlic salt, lemon pepper, salt, mesquite grilling mix, etc.) 
You'll notice I add a lot of salt to mine, This is for a weird low blood pressure thing...
If you prefer less salt, make yours that way! 

So as I said earlier, I made wayyy to much mix because you only need about 1/2 cup total of this stuff
but, I put some in a zippie bag and I can use it later, especially when I'm in a rush!

Then fork your fish into the dry mixture until it's all gone
^^^like this^^^
Just make sure to get them really well coated

Then add some butter to a skillet and fry up your fish!
The coating is fragile so be careful, but if it falls off that's okay.
This is fool proof!
Just cook the fish till it's white all the way through (like frozen fish stick color)

These are super fast and super yummy! I made them about 30 minutes before I had to leave for work and had plenty of time!!! 

As always, Enjoy :))

No comments:

Post a Comment