Sunday, March 25, 2012

Mmmm... Lasagna!!!!

You're all in luck! I have a crazy, hectic schedule this week so I whipped up my Easy, Cheesy Lasagna today to ensure minimal cooking during the week! This is a perfect size for one or two people! And it gives you lots of leftovers (but not too much)! I always thought lasagna was so hard to make and required lots of time, but truth be told, it is very easy! 

These are the simple ingredients you'll need!
Garlic
8 Oz. of Shredded Mozzeralla
1 cup of Parmesan 
1 cup Cottage Cheese
Onion
Artichoke Hearts
Gluten Free Wide-Egg Noodles
And you can't see it here, but you need one jar of spaghetti sauce 24-26 Oz. (I like Prego)

First, Brown the meat 
Sizzle some onions in there
As well as the Garlic and Artichoke Hearts!

Add the spaghetti sauce and let it simmer for 5 minutes

Next add the cottage cheese!

Then the Mozzarella Cheese
(This makes the pan really sticky and messy to clean, but it's so good)

Yay! the final result (of the sauce)

So in your casserole dish layer some pre-cooked noodles

Then sauce!

'
And just keep doing that until the noodles and sauce are all in the dish

Then top the entire pan with 1 Cup of Parmesan Cheese!
This gives it a crispy top, that is melt-in-your mouth goodness

It should look something like this ^^^


Stick it in the oven at 350* F for 30 minutes

And Wala! It's nearly magic! 

Just remember, if I can make this, than anyone can!!!! 
Also, add things that interest you! Jazz it up to your taste! 
Don't be afraid to try it! Cooking is an art.

And to give credit, this is the recipe book in which I found my basic recipe.
Then I spiced it up with lots of extra, fresh ingredients for more flavors! 

Enjoy your lasagna!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy. It's breakfast time and I could eat this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great and easy! Thanks for sharing! You mention adding meat, though, and the picture of ingredients shows meat, but your list of ingredients does not. How much meat do you use? Was it ground beef?

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Oops! My apologies! I use roughly 1/2 pound of ground meat. I was given this meat in random measurements, so just how ever much you prefer! Thanks for checking out my blog! Feel free to follow me and there will be lots of yummy recipes to come!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete