Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls


Yay! The first Post! 
You should all be excited because I ventured out and made gluten free cinnamon rolls!!! 
I used another blog for my recipe which I've included below! She has many other gf items as well...But a few tips first!

1) She suggests using a silpat mat, whatever that is...haha The countertop works just fine! 
2) If you don't have a rolling pin like me, just find something round! I used an ice cream scoop! 
3) Patience is truly the key to these babies! 


After following the instructions on the above blog, this is what it should look like.


^This is 3 hours of rising (not much improvement, but some!)^


Finally I let them rise ALL night long! 
& they finally started to touch!!!


The End Result! (minus frosting)


These Cinnamon Rolls look really messy and ugly, but as a college girl having no idea what to do, I'd say they turned out pretty good! They come about as close to a cinnamon roll as your gonna get!

She includes a cream cheese frosting, but I like the one out of 
The Cake Doctor Bakes Gluten Free by Anne Byrn

1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, at room temp.
1/2 stick of butter (4 TBS)
3 cups powdered sugar; sifted
(if you don't have a sifter, fluff it with a fork, it works just the same)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Mix the cream cheese and butter in an electric mixer
Then add the vanilla extract
Next slowly add the powdered sugar a bit at a time
Increase the mixer speed for about a min and a half

She says the frosting can be made the day before, just make sure you bring it back to room temp. before trying to use it.

I hope these helped!!! Enjoy your Cinnamon Rolls!

3 comments:

  1. The reason why they look messy is because there's no gluten to hold them together! Hahhaha. I learned that in my foods class last week :) haha. The things you learn in college. Lol. :) but they actually look really yummy! Good job ash! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome recipe Ash! But my only question is...how do you keep from eating the frosting if you make it the day before??? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! haha yeah! Aub, you should have seen my attempt at foccacia bread! haha And Stephanie! I never make it the day before! I eat enough of it as I'm frosting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete